Simple and light dessert to finish off a heavy meal. Classic vanilla panna cotta. The berry sauce, with its sweetness an tartness is a nice touch.
Panna Cotta alla Vaniglia con salsa ai frutti rossi
<strong>Note:</strong> The panna cotta requires 4 - 5 hrs in the fridge to set
- 16 oz Fresh cream
- 1 Packet of gelatin
- 1/2 Vanilla bean with seeds
- 1/2 Raspberries baskets
- 1/2 Currants basket
- 1/2 Strawberries basket
- 6 tbsp Granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cup Confectionary sugar
- 1/2 Juice from medium lemon
- Step 1 First cut the vanilla bean length wise, extract the seeds and dissolve them in the cream in a saucepan, together with the sugar (to concentrate the taste, in addition to the seeds you can put the vanilla bean).
- Step 2 Bring the compound to a boil and, once the sugar is dissolved, sprinkle the gelatin and mix thoroughly.
- Step 3 Pour the mixture into aluminum foil or silicone molds and let it rest in the refrigerator until it has solidified (at least 4-5 hours).
- Step 4 For red berry sauce: put the fruit, the powdered sugar and the lemon juice in a high-quality glass jar and blend with an immersion blender or a handheld beater until there is a smooth sauce.
- Step 5 Pour some berry sauce on the bottom of a serving dish. Place the panna cotta on the berry sauce. Garnish with small mint sprig and a strawberry.