An elegant looking pasta dish that is fast and easy to make. The zucchini pesto makes this dish different.
Spaghetti con Pesto di Zucchine, Gamberi e Pomodorini
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1/2 lb shrimp
- 1 1/2 c cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 c grated zucchini
- 1/4 c Pecorino Romano
- 1/4 c Parmesan cheese
- 8 large basil leaves
- 1/3 c of pine nuts
- 4 oz extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Step 1 Cook spaghetti al dente, set aside in colander.
- Step 2 Grate the zucchini add pine nuts, basil, parmesan cheese, pecorino cheese, 3 oz olive oil, and blend in blender until creamy.
- Step 3 In a frying pan, add remaining olive oil, 1 clove of garlic and brown the cherry tomatoes.
- Step 4 After 4 minutes, add shrimp and cook until they have a rosy appearance (2 to 3 minutes), then add spaghetti.
- Step 5 Turn off the heat and add the zucchini pesto, then add a small amount of the spaghetti cooking water to moisten if necessary.
Video guide – in Italian but helps with preparation