The name translates to sea and mountains antipasto — cuttlefish and shrimp represent the sea and mushrooms the mountains. This is a minimalist antipasto, its simplicity accentuates the flavors and textures.
Antipasto Mari e Monti
- 6 oz (150 gr) White mushrooms
- 6 oz (150 gr) Shelled shrimp
- 6 oz (150 gr) Cuttlefish (or squid)
- 1 tbs Chopped parsley
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbs Extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- green peppercorns to taste (or white peppercorns)
- Step 1 Add extra-virgin olive oil and peeled garlic cloves in a non-stick pan. Let warm.
- Step 2 Add cuttlefish with chopped parsley, stir and cook on med heat for 5 minutes (until liquid almost evaporates.)
- Step 3 Add sliced mushrooms and continue cooking for 10 minutes at low flame mixing frequently.
- Step 4 Finally, combine the shelled shrimps, seasoned with salt and green peppercorns, mix and continue cooking and for 5 minutes at low flame.
- Step 5 Place the antipasto in a serving dish and sprinkle the drippings remaining in pan over the top.