A chocolate lover’s delight!! Both white and dark chocolate, topped off with raspberries and whipped cream.
Terrina di Cioccolato
- 3 oz (80 g) Cane sugar
- Icing sugar (enough to sprinkle on top)
- 5 1/2 oz (150 g) White chocolate
- 6 1/2 oz (180 g) Dark chocolate
- 2 1/2 tbs (20 g) Flour
- 3 Egg whites
- 8 oz (250 g) Rasberries
- 3/4 c (100 g) Crushed almonds
- 14 oz (4 dl) Cream (20% fat)
- Step 1 The Base. In a bowl, add stiff egg whites, sugar, crushed almonds flour and mix thoroughly.
- Step 2 2) Take a 9″ x 13″ (35cm x 25 cm) baking pan lined with parchment paper lighly sprayed and spread with oil (e.g., Pam olive oil) and then pour the mixture and bake at 400° F (200° C) for 20 minutes.
- Step 3 The Cream. Divide the cream in half in two containers. While the terrine base bakes, divide the cream in half in two containers. Break the white chocolate and melt it in a pan with a tbs spoon of cream from one of the containers, until lukewarm, then add the remaining cream from that container and stir until thoroughly mixed..
- Step 4 Do the same for the dark chocolate in a separate pan using the remaining container of cream. Put both mixtures in the fridge for for about 15 minutes.
- Step 5 Take a 8″ x 4″ (24-cm) loaf pan and line with parchment paper to facilitate removal. Lay a piece of the baked almond-dough base cut to size in bottom of pan.
- Step 6 Whip the chilled the dark chocolate compound and then pour on the bottom layer of almond dough. Cover it with another piece of baked almond-dough, then pour in the white chocolate. Finish with the third piece of baked almond-dough on top. Place the dessert in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Step 7 Once solidified, remove from the loaf pan and decorate with whipped cream, wild raspberries.
- Step 8 Sprinkle the terrine with icing sugar and serve immediately.